Ever wondered how to make your own Christmas crackers?
Well wonder no more!
- 3 x toilet rolls
- paper perforators
- cracker snaps (can be found at party and craft shops)
- thick wrapping paper
- glue stick
- Cut a rectangle, 30cm by 20cm of the thick wrapping paper.
- Use the perforator to make a tear line (where your cracker will be pulled). Draw a line 10cm in from the short edge (both ends) and perforate the paper.
- Place the cracker snap near the top of the paper with a touch of glue at each end.
- Roll up the cracker using the three cardboard rolls, the middle one is to stay inside and the two outer rolls will shape the cracker.
- Twist one end closed and in the other end put your gifts! As you are making your own, why not personalise them - a joke about your guest or their favourite sweets? Twist the other end closed.
- Now decorate - why not use ribbons, bows or tissue paper? You could decorate them with gift tags and write your guests name on them.
I'm going to give it a go!