10 Top Uses for Vinegar
- Mix salt and vinegar together to clean coffee and tea stains from your mugs.
- Clean rust from tools by leaving the rusted tool in undiluted vinegar overnight.
- Relieve dry and itchy skin by adding 2 tablespoons to your bath water.
- Clean and disinfect wooden chopping boards by wiping with full strength vinegar.
- You can deodorise the kitchen drain with vinegar. Pour a cup down the drain once a week and let it stand for 30 minutes. Lastly, flush with cold water.
- Kill weeds by spraying full strength vinegar on them until the plants have starved.
- Clean windows using undiluted vinegar in a spray bottle. Dry the windows with an old newspaper.
- Brighten your clothes - add half a cup of vinegar to your rinse cycle.
- Get rid of onion smell by rubbing vinegar on your fingers before and after slicing.
- Unclog a shower head by unscrewing it, removing the rubber washing, placing the head in a saucepan full of equal parts of both water and vinegar. Bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes.
I hope you have found this useful - have you got any tips?
P.S. Remember not to use Brown Vinegar for cleaning - it could stain!