Are you thinking about roast dinners yet?
If you are, I've got a mighty fine Clarks Honey & Thyme Roasted Chicken recipe for you:
1 (3 - 4 pound) chicken with giblets removed
1 tbsp Clarks Honey
bunch of fresh thyme
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 carrots (chopped roughly)
2 white onions (chopped roughly)
How to do it:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Season the chicken cavity with salt and freshly ground pepper. Next grab a lemon, prick it all over with a fork (this will allow the juices to run through) and place inside the cavity.
- Keep some of thyme back for using as a basting brush, use the rest and place inside the cavity.
- In a small jug, whisk together your honey, extra-virgin olive oil and salt and pepper.
- In a foil-lined baking tray, scatter your chopped vegetables to make a bed for your chicken. This will keep your meat raised and you can use the vegetables for a gravy afterwards.
- Place your chicken atop the vegetables, breast side up. Baste the chicken with your honey mixture with your thyme sprigs.
- Roast until the back is golden and brown (about 35 - 40 minutes) and then turn the chicken breast side up.
- Baste the chicken again with the thyme sprigs and use the juices collected in the bottom the pan.
- After 25 minutes, check that your meat is cooked (either use a meat thermometer or see if the juices run clear) and place it on a carving board to rest with foil around it.
- If you are making gravy, I tend to follow Jamie Oliver's Consistently Good Gravy recipe which uses the roasted vegetables in this recipe.
P.S. Are you hungry? For more great deals on food and drink, please check out our Restaurant Vouchers page.