The humble jacket potato makes a delicious, satisfying and easy meal - it's also healthy to boot!
In order to speed up the cooking process, I always prick the potato with a fork all around and then whack it in the microwave for 5 minutes on full heat.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Rub the hot microwaved potato in sea salt and a little oil and wrap it in foil.
Cook for about 20 minutes, unwrap the foil and cook for another 10 minutes.
I've got some fantastic fillings for you to try out, hope you enjoy them...
- Grated cheese & coleslaw - add a bit of pepper to the top and you've got yourself a delicious meal.
- Cream cheese & chive - you can buy cream cheese in a tub, add some chive and sprinkle it on top. I would suggest using the healthier version in order to keep the calorie count down.
- Bolognese - If you have some leftover bolognese from last night's dinner, bolognese makes a perfect topping to a hot jacket potato. Whack some cheese to make it extra yummy!
- Chicken - leftover roast chicken is delicious on a jacket potato - I actually enjoy it with beans and cheese and prefer to leave the shredded chicken cold.
- Goats cheese & spinach - if you're a fan of goats cheese you'll love this topping.
Have you got any toppings that you want to tell us about?