Lurpak are giving you the chance to enter a draw to win a limited edition Stuart Gardiner Tea Towel. It’s a perfect freebie for December and features loads of interesting snippets on the good old Brussels Sprout.
I’m a big fan of butter and a gigantic fan of Lurpak so I was very happy when we won a tea towel - I don't even want to use it as a tea towel! Until the 19th December you can win one of 80 festive designer tea towels, so become a Facebook fan now!
Interesting facts about the Brussels Sprout:
- Sprouts come from the Brassica family which include cabbage and kale amongst others.
- Sprout season is from October to March.
- Steaming is healthier than boiling as it doesn’t destroy many of the health giving compounds.
- Bacon, nutmeg, juniper, garlic, fennel, caraway seeds, lemon (zest or juice) and chestnuts go great with sprouts.
Interesting facts about Lurpak:
- Lurpak started in 1901 as Lurmark Danish Butter.
- From 1911, only dairies “participating in a rigorous system of regular blind tastings could use the Lurmark Danish Butter brand”.
- In 1957 the LURPAK name we know and love replaced Lurmark Danish Butter.
- The UK imports two-thirds of all LURPAK.
Check out the LURPAK website if you want to find out more.
Hope you win a tea towel Freebie Finders!