How to get free hair products
The market for hair products is huge!
From shampoo and conditioner, to hairspray and dry shampoo, we're obsessed with keeping our locks intact, but it all comes at a cost.
What if I told you there was a number of super quick and easy way to get free hair products? It's true! Take a look at how to score yourself some free hair goodies today.
- Free hair products through product testing
- Free hair products in exchange for a review
- Free hair product samples online
- Ask for free hair product samples in-store
- Win free hair products
- Free hair extensions
How do I get freebies then?
Become a product tester for free shampoo, conditioner & hair styling products
There are lots of product testing websites now that want your opinion in exchange for trying a product. Product testing programs could come straight from your favourite hair brand or a testing panel, which both work in similar ways. You get sent a bunch of hair products in exchange for a review online.
Here are some of my favourite testing sites:
- Charles Worthington - sign up now to try new exclusive Charles Worthington products before anyone else!
- Boots - have a secret volunteering panel where you can test new products before they go to market, if sign-ups aren't open now it's worth bookmarking this one and checking back later, as they open registrations throughout the year
- Super Savvy Me - this is a great panel to sign up to, they always have loads up for grabs, including this mega Pantene bundle I got for free last year. All I had to do was talk about my hair woes (thick and greasy - yuck!) and then they sent me this lot, which is fab because I would have never tried this brand and now it's all I buy, effective job on their part! Don't forget to join their Savvy Circle as well for more chances to score freebies
- trnd - you can test all sorts on this website, but they often have hair and beauty products that come in bulk, like those Batiste Dry Shampoos - sign me up!
- Bzzagent - have loads of hair goodies up for grabs, just sign up and fill in all your surveys and they'll pick relevant products for you to test
How to receive free hair products in exchange for a review
Ok now this one might sound to good to be true, but I'm telling you, it works.
Whether you're a famous, influential blogger or a person who loves a certain brand, the old saying 'you don't ask, you don't get' still applies. Although, it's best to angle this as beneficial for them, rather than you just getting a freebie.
Always be polite and start by complimenting the products and state what a loyal customer you've been of their brand all these years. Then lead on to how you noticed they have a new or different product you'd love to try in exchange for a review either on your blog or on their website.
Sometimes they'll send you a full-size product but at the very least you'll get some hair product samples and/or coupons for a discount on your next purchase. A freebie is a freebie, right?
Get free hair product samples online
There are loads of ways you can get free hair products online, it's all about knowing where to look. You could score anything from free shampoo to free hair extensions, if you find these offers online, of course.
To get started looking for online freebies:
- Sign up to our newsletter to get the latest freebies to your inbox on a daily basis
- Look on your favourite brand websites, sign up to their newsletter and follow them across all social media channels for exclusive freebies
- Join our secret Facebook group to hear about all the top freebies first like 'SoPost' freebies - these ones always go super fast and only require a quick online form that takes less than a minute (sometimes they also email you an authentication code to add to your form)
All these are super easy to do and take less than a minute to apply for. Check out how to apply for freebies with our guide on how to get free stuff - it's packed full of handy tips and tricks!
Wait... there are more ways to get hair freebies?
Ask for free hair product samples in-store
If you pop along to your local department store, such as Debenhams, House of Fraser or Selfridges, you'll often find super friendly hair and makeup experts at each hair and beauty stand, full of advice on how to keep your locks intact.
Along with that advice, sometimes they'll hand over free hair goodies, like shampoo samples or conditioning hair treatments - ooh sounds good to me!
Remember to be nice and polite and don't make it obvious you're there just for the freebie. Take their advice, too. You might even be surprised at what you learn from them!
Win free hair products & bundles
This is the most exciting way to score yourself free hair goodies, but it's also the hardest I would say, only because your chances of winning depend on luck, how many there are to give away and a number of other factors.
Still, these are really fun to enter and if you win, you'll have yourself some fancy new hair products!
There are loads of competitions around and figuring out how to find and enter these can be a bit of a minefield, so I've created a guide to help you win free stuff from comping.
Some sites that host great hair bundles and giveaways include:
- Emerald Street
- Look magazine
- Glamour magazine
- and loads more!
It's worth checking your phone apps too, if you're on O2 look at O2 Priority comps, and the same goes for Three customers, who can now look at Wuntu - a fab new app full of freebies and comps.
Free hair extensions - how can I get them?
If you'd like to sample some fancy new hair extensions and find the perfect shade before you can commit, then free hair extension samples are the best way to go.
To get you started, I've found this company that offer free samples by post - how exciting! Which colour will you go for?
Sometimes, these freebies are just for professionals in the hair industry, e.g. hairdressers, stylists, etc. but just double check with them because if you contact them directly, they might just send you some hair freebies to try out of courtesy.
So there you have it, some simple and quick ways to score yourself some free hair goodies.
If you know any ways to get freebies yourself, don't be shy! Get in touch today.