My first Sacla' recipe is for Pesto, Tomato & Mascarpone Pastry Wheels - ideal for a picnic lunch in the sun.
- 375g pack of ready-rolled shortcrust pastry (room temperature)
- 125g mascarpone
- 100g chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- a few pinches of Parmesan
- half a jar of Sacla' Classic Basil Pesto
How to do it...
- Spread the mascarpone evenly onto the rolled out pastry rectangle.
- Sprinkle the chopped sun-dried tomatoes on top.
- Spoon over even dots of Sacla' pesto, sprinkle a few pinches of Parmesan and add a couple of twists of pepper to your pastry.
- Roll the pastry tightly along the long edge and freeze for 30 minutes. After this time, cut 1cm rounds and divide between 2 baking sheets. Cover the tray with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then uncover and back for 4 more minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack and then eat!
I took them into MagicFreebiesUK HQand the office tucked into them at 11am. Anushka had this to say, "These pesto wheels are incredibly moreish. I know what I'll be taking to the next Summer BBQ!"
Why not check out the Sacla' website for more information of their products?