Matcha powder is fine powder green tea, known for its health benefits. It is said to reduce cholesterol levels when drunk regularly and boost metabolism. Charbrew Organic Matcha contains 137 more antioxidants than regular tea.
I decided to use my Matcha to make some White Chocolate Cookies! Here is the recipe...
- 288g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Charbrew Organic Matcha
- 227g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 64g white sugar
- 128g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 170g white chocolate (chopped coarsely)
How to do it...
- Preheat the oven to 176*C.
- Grab a small bowl and whisk the flour, Matcha powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and both sugars until fluffy and light, then add the vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the large bowl and mix until just combined, then fold in the chopped white chocolate.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons of the dough onto a non-stick baking sheet and bake for roughly 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden around the edges, but soft in the centre.
Why not give it a go for yourself? Check out the Charbrew website today!