If you've got a cold and you need a delicious easy-to-eat meal, why not try my chicken noodle soup recipe?
I was off work with sinus problems and was feeling very ill in bed. At the end of the day I was ravenous and managed to drag myself to the kitchen to make this noodle soup.
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced, at an angle
- 2 roasted chicken breasts, shredded with 2 forks
- 500ml chicken stock
- 200ml boiling water
- tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ginger, around 4 small slices
- 2 small red chillis - or more if you prefer - (I like to use 5 because I like it super hot)
- frozen sweetcorn
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- soy sauce
- handful of noodles - I choose rice noodles
- chopped coriander, about a handful
How to do it
- Grab a saucepan and on a medium heat add sesame oil and garlic. Once the garlic sizzles add your chopped spring onions and fry until soft.
- Add your shredded chicken and coat in oil and garlic and pour in stock and boiling water.
- Throw in your ginger slices, fish sauce, soy sauce, coriander and chilli. Before it comes to the boil and frozen sweetcorn and noodles. Cook for five minutes and serve!
This delicious noodle soup made me feel better almost straight away, Ginger and garlic are natures' antiviral herbs - garlic has anti-bacterial properties that fight infection and ginger has a mild sedative effect and reduces pain and fever.
Why not try this soup out? I'd love to know how it went.